Muslim homeschooling programs are one of the parents’ priorities when they plan to homeschool their children. Learning Islamic teachings plays a fundamental role in building a Muslim personality.
Learning about Islamic teachings allows kids to gain a solid knowledge of Islamic basics, prophetic biography, the Quran, Sunnah, and Islamic jurisprudence. So check out the best Muslim homeschooling programs for your children.
Table of Contents
What is Muslim Homeschool Curriculum?
Muslim homeschooling is a step-by-step Homeschool curriculum to learn about Islam. It focuses on Islamic studies to guide children to the proper uprising.
Students learn the main basics emanating from the Quran such as piety, good morals, Islamic principles, Islam pillars, and all the other fundamentals, which prepare a piety generation with an Islamic character to apply Islamic teachings in their actions and sayings.
Muslim homeschooling helps the children to follow Sunnah in sayings and actions through studying prophetic biography and learning how to learn from the prophet Muhammed (PBUH) as a role model. It’s one of the effective methods that help kids to learn Islam step by step for k-12.
What are the best Islamic Homeschooling Programs:
There are there main Muslim Homeschooling programs that provide Islamic education:
1. Sahlah Academy
Sahlah academy provides an integrated Islamic curriculum that suits kids and teenagers. It gives a clear and deep vision of Islamic teachings through the following programs:
- Islamic Jurisprudence: Islamic jurisprudence or “Aqidah” guides the students to learn the pillars of Islam, morals, hygiene in Islam, and social relations basics.
- Islamic Sanctification: Islam sanctification or “Tazkiyah” is a program that focuses on teaching students how to apply the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammed (PBUH) in worship and rituals.
- Islamic Creed: Islamic creed “Aqidah” is an entrance to learning the six pillars of faith and recognizing each pillar in detail. This program benefits students by getting deep knowledge about creating the universe.
- Tafsir: Tafsir focuses on interpreting the Quran’s verses and prophetic narrations (hadith) from various resources.
- Hadith: Hadith guides students to learn Islamic teachings, morals, and rulings that the prophet Muhammed (PBUH) mentioned in his sayings and applied in his actions.
- Prophetic Biography: Prophetic biography or “Seerah” narrates the story of the prophet Muhammed in Mecca and Medina before and after Islam. It explains clearly the Quran’s revelation, Isra and Mirage’s journey, migration to Medina, and the other significant events in his life.
There are many reasons You can join Sahlah, especially since it is an accredited online School in the USA.
Sahlah has many programs:
- Accredited Online Elementary School Programs
- Online Middle School Programs
- Accredited Online High School Programs
2. Online Homeschooling:
- Learn Arabic Online For kids (K 12)
- Islamic Studies Courses (K 12)
Learn More About Sahlah from here.
2. Al Balagh Academy
Al Balagh academy offers Islamic homeschooling and character-building course for parents who plan to homeschool their children and identify the best tips for Islamic upbringing. It also guides the kids to build an Islamic character.
The Islamic Studies course consists of 15 modules, which are:
- Module 1: Why is home education an Islamic necessity?
- Module 2: How to set priorities for home education.
- Module 3: Steps on how to overcome the challenges?
- Module 4: How to set the strategy to homeschool education?
- Module 5: Home education: types and styles.
- Module 6: Planning a successful timetable.
- Module 7: Tips on powerful learning activities.
- Module 8: Developing an Islamic character in Kids.
- Module 9: Building spiritual relationships with kids.
- Module 10: Islamic child psychology as a 9 tool to get good results.
- Module 11: Nurturing pious kids.
- Module 12: Building resilient and motivational personalities.
- Module 13: Getting parenting right—the Islamic way.
- Module 14: Managing social media.
- Module 15: Advice and Q&A.
3. Alasna Institute
Alasna institute provides a Quran-centred course that suits kids from three to ten years. It guides the parents to homeschool their children through the Quran.
The course consists of seven subjects: Quran, Islamic studies, Arabic basics, English/Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Art/Activities.
Islamic Homeschooling Worksheets
Islamic homeschooling worksheets help children do activities that boost their understanding and absorption of lessons. So here are samples of Islamic worksheets:
Islamic homeschooling worksheet (1)
Islamic homeschooling worksheet (2)
Islamic homeschooling worksheet (3)
Islamic homeschooling worksheet (4)
Islamic homeschooling worksheet (5)
Benefits of Muslim Homeschooling
There are several benefits of Muslim Homeschooling programs, such as:
1. Get an Islamic education
Islamic homeschooling guides students to get an Islamic education that may not be available at schools. They get weekly lessons about Islamic basics and values.
Furthermore, parents won’t be worried about the education kids get at home as it doesn’t go against Islamic teachings as in some schools.
2. Save time and cost
Islamic homeschooling is a solution to save time and cost for parents who can’t find a nearby Islamic school.
So, with homeschooling, they don’t have to pay more expenses for transportation if they send their kids to remote schools.
3. Safe environment for kids
Islamic homeschooling provides a safe environment for kids and helps parents to reach their goal of a religion-based upbringing.
Muslim families who live in Muslim minority communities struggle with common negative social manifestations such as alcohol and drugs. These manifestations influence negatively kids and teenagers.
4. Hold onto Islamic identity
Islamic homeschooling prepares generations to hold onto their Islamic identity and defend it through developing Islamic personality and learning Quran and Sunnah, which nurture the soul since childhood.
How to Incorporate Islam into Homeschool?
Besides Islamic homeschooling, you can use additional activities and resources that support Islamic education through the following tips:
- Play Quran audio regularly for your kids. It helps them to be familiar with Quranic Arabic and retain short Surahs.
- Help your children practice praying by inviting them to pray with you at home or in the mosque.
- Add reciting Quran to the homeschool schedule as a bedtime routine.
- Use 99 names of Allah flashcards to help your kids retain them.
- Make your child watch Islamic and educational channels for kids on TV or YouTube to learn more about Islamic teachings and Arabic.
Learning Islamic teachings can be achieved through a homeschooling curriculum, which helps kids to learn Islamic basics from the Quran and Sunnah online. It allows them to gain solid knowledge about religion.
Islamic homeschooling curriculum prepares generations with broad-minded religion, maintaining the Islamic identity, following prophet Muhammed’s (PBUH) Sunnah, and upholding ethics.