General Policies Regarding All Transfer Students
- The registrar evaluates all requests for credit transfer.
- Transfer credit is only awarded for high-school level courses.
- No more than 1.0 credit will be recorded on the student transcript for each course, even if the course is taken in different schools.
- Transfer credits are accepted for all courses on transcripts from public high schools.
- Students pursuing a diploma from our School are required to complete at least 4.5 credits at our School, regardless of how many credits are transferred.
- Credits must include 2 core course credits* from 2 different subject areas and 2.5 additional elective or core course credits. *Core subjects are English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- Our School may accept credits from non-accredited schools when validated by one or more of the following procedures:
- A review of the student’s academic record
- An analysis of the previous school’s curriculum
- A review of a Homeschool Association portfolio of student work
- An assessment of scholastic performance
- No more than 10.0 total credits per year will be recorded on the student transcript once the student has enrolled at our School. This includes a combination of credits earned at our School and other schools.
Credits are transferred with the letter grade awarded by the previous high school.